- Open the packet, taking care not to tear the condom inside. Teeth or sharp objects should not be used. Careful if you have long nails.
- Pinch the tip of the condom between your fingers to push out air and place it over the penis. Roll out the edges gently to the base of the penis.
- After sex, remove the condom while the penis is still erect and make sure semen doesn't spill out. Throw away the condom in a bin. Now take extra care that the penis doesn't touch your partner's genital area.
- Reuse condoms
- Wear two condoms on top of each other since the increased friction makes it more likely for the condoms to break.
- Use oil-based lubricants. Water-based lubricants, however, are fine.
If you think that there's a chance that semen leaked out of the condom, either because the condom broke or it fell off, consider buying the morning after pill as soon as possible and seek medical advice from your doctor to check for any sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Article is closed for comments.