- Open the packet, taking care not to tear the condom inside. Teeth or sharp objects should not be used. Careful if you have long nails.
- Squeeze the smaller ring at the closed end of the condom and put it into the vagina. Make sure the large ring at the open end of the condom covers the area around the opening of the vagina.
- Make sure the penis goes in the female condom, not between the condom and the side of the vagina.
- After sex, remove the female condom immediately by gently pulling it out. You can twist the large ring to prevent semen leaking out.
- Reuse condoms
- Wear two condoms on top of each other since the increased friction makes it more likely for the condoms to break.
- Use oil-based lubricants. Water-based lubricants, however, are fine.
If you think that there's a chance that semen leaked out of the condom, either because the condom broke or it fell off, consider buying the morning after pill as soon as possible and seek medical advice from your doctor to check for any sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Article is closed for comments.